- Blockage of the inlets and outlets thereby choking the lake
- Letting in raw sewage that causes pollution beyond limits
- Encroachment and constructions/other commercial purposes
- Lack of bio-diversity, flora, fauna and aquatic life system
- Dumping of debris and other waste materials including idol immersions
- Boundary not being marked and fenced
- Apathy from the people living around it
An ideal lake must be free from the above and must have active stakeholder engagement maintaining the lake.